- Offer customers a first time discount.
- Have a loyalty program in place.
- Create special offers that can be redeemed only at your site
- Create a unique coupon that can be given to Grub Hub customers specifically; this will motivate them to order from your website (when they do, you will now own their email info).
- On a regular basis send out emails to your database with special offers or coupons
- Make sure customers who order from Grubhub pay full price and don’t get any special offers or coupons
- Market only your website for online/mobile ordering at the restaurant. Don’t put up their signs, use their bags, use their coupons, etc.
- For those who really believe in their brand and business. Turn off Grubhub for a couple weeks and require all orders to come in from your website.
- Make sure your website is Mobile friendly (not just a shrunken version of your desktop).
- Remind your customers to order from your website, not Grub Hub’s. Paying 15% and higher is not sustainable (except of course for Grubhub).